The temperature is great, the sun is out, and if you’re looking for something to do on Saturday why not check out the Rockville Farmers Market this weekend. Every Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm the Rockville Farmers Market has the freshest (seasonal) fruits and vegetables in Rockville. You don’t have to be an overly savvy shopper to have a great experience at the farmers market. If this is your first time going, we have some tips for you to get the most out of your experience.
- Go prepared. Bring some cash, some booths at farmers markets only accept cash. Try to keep smaller denominations of money with you so it is easier for vendors to make change for you. Bring your own shopping bag – it will make it easier to carry everything you need.
- Be flexible. Not every farmers market is going to have the same products, so be flexible with your choices.
- Try something new. There are no wrong choices at a the farmers market. Most booths will have samples for you to try as well.
- Ask questions. If you’re unfamiliar with a product ask the grower how they like to use it. You never know you might end up with a new favorite recipe.
- Support your community. Utilizing the farmers market is an outstanding way to strengthen your community. Local farmers and growers work hard to bring their product to you, so attending farmer’s markets is a good way to show your support. Get to know your vendors. Again, they know the most about their product, and are usually willing to help you out and answer questions in any way they can.
- Have fun. Don’t rush through the market. Try a few samples if available. Catch up with old friends. Meet new friends. Take advantage of the opportunity to get out of the house, stock up on some healthy foods, and enjoy your day!