Are you going to a Labor Day party but don’t want to bring the usual side dish? We found this delicious ball of chocolate joy for you to make that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners’ sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.
Voila, chocolate goodness! Serve with graham crackers, chocolate wafers or pretzel thins.